CLEAResult creates job opportunities for ASU students

CustomerLink Vice President Frank Royal and Tempe Chamber of Commerce board member Mary Palomino cut the ribbon on the new CLEAResult call center in Tempe. The company hopes to create 200 jobs in Tempe by the end of 2015. (Photo by Andrew Ybanez)

CustomerLink Vice President Frank Royal and Tempe Chamber of Commerce board member Mary Palomino cut the ribbon on the new CLEAResult call center in Tempe. The company hopes to create 200 jobs in Tempe by the end of 2015. (Photo by Andrew Ybanez) CustomerLink Vice President Frank Royal and Tempe Chamber of Commerce board member Mary Palomino cut the ribbon on the new CLEAResult call center in Tempe. The company hopes to create 200 jobs in Tempe by the end of 2015. (Photo by Andrew Ybanez)

A company that aims to create job opportunities for students held its ribbon-cutting ceremony Thursday to celebrate its new Tempe location.

Founded in 2003, CLEAResult is a leader in the green movement and the largest supplier of energy efficiency programs in the U.S. and Canada. The company as a whole employs 375 professionals who handle more than 350,000 calls per month.

According to a press release, the company hopes to create 200 jobs in Tempe by the end of 2015. CLEAResult has already staffed 50 employees.

Frank Royal, vice president of CustomerLink, spoke at Thursday's event.Royal, a former customer service agent himself, now oversees the call center operations for CLEAResult.

CustomerLink is the call center operations of CLEAResult.

“We work in the energy efficiency world," he said after the ceremony. "In the call center space, we do a little bit more variety, so anything from customer service to energy efficiency. Helping customers lower their utility bills."

With its new 14,000 square-foot facility, the company aims to support escalating needs of bilingual customers.

Royal, a Tempe resident, said because of ASU’s fast-growing, large and diverse workforce, it was imperative to be close to the Tempe campus.

“Bilingual agents are important to us," he said. "Spanish is critical. We also determined Asian languages are readily available here as well, so when we looked up and did our demographics, (this area) was the perfect site.”

Royal said he believes this is a great opportunity for people in the Tempe community to grow with the company.

“We are committed to career development of our employees," he said. "The employees of Tempe will be tomorrow’s programmers, marketers, analysts and leaders."

Full-time and part-time shifts are available with the company.

“If there is someone who takes night classes, you can come in and work part of the day," Royal said. "If people are taking classes during the day and want to work at night, it's OK, we have those hours."

Colleen Langevin, chief marketing officer forCLEAResult, said the company strives to change the way people use energy.

“What we do to enable that is we provide energy efficiency programs for utilities across the U.S. and Canada,” she said.

Tempe Chamber of Commerce board member Mary Palomino also spoke during the event.

The company will offer many job opportunities for ASU students, she said.

“As a college graduate, I started at a call center," Palomino said. "I was a bilingual customer service rep, (and) it really gave me the advantage of really understanding the customer base and how to provide service to customers. ... It’s a great springboard to many different careers (and) I see this call center giving the same opportunities to their employees."

Reach the reporter at Rashinda.Bankhead@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @rashindaa

×