State Press Weekly: ASU's new law school

Tom Williams, Assistant Dean and Chief of Staff at the Sandra Day O'Connor Law School at ASU, and Richard Stanley, Senior Vice President and University Planner at ASU, discussed the upcoming move for the law school from Tempe to downtown Phoenix. The university hopes to break ground on the project in July or August with the school ready for use by fall 2016.

ASU plans to create a nonprofit law firm to give recent graduates real-world experience working with some of the top professionals in Phoenix. This firm will also offer cheaper attorney rates for community members who otherwise couldn’t afford legal costs.

The new law school is coming during a busy period of construction in downtown Phoenix, from University of Arizona's new College of Medicine, to a new studio space for ASU's Herberger Institute graduate students, as well as University of Arizona's new cancer treatment center - which is currently being constructed.

The city's rigorous growth is a example of the vast expansion and potential that downtown Phoenix has, and the unique opportunities it provides.

Building render credit to ASU

Credits: Produced by Courtland Jeffrey Edited by Courtland Jeffrey Reported by Sydney Schuman Videography by Sydney Schuman, Courtland Jeffrey,

×