Tempe Police reported the following incident Wednesday:

A 28-year-old Fountain Hills woman was arrested Jan. 23 on the 800 block of East McKellips Road on suspicion of drug paraphernalia possession and having two outstanding warrants, according to a police report.

The woman was the passenger in a 1998 GMC Sonoma that officers stopped after seeing the driver failing to stop at the 1600 block of North Scottsdale Road, police reported.

When officers approached the vehicle, the woman told them she had two outstanding warrants for her arrest, the report said.

A records check revealed the woman had a felony warrant from the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office and a misdemeanor warrant from the city of Mesa, police said.

Officers searched the woman and found three used syringes inside her purse, according to the report.

The woman told police she had used the syringes to inject methamphetamine, the report said.

During a post-Miranda interview, the woman said she had used one of the syringes earlier that day, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Report compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza

Reach the news editor at dpbaltaz@asu.edu

×