Tempe Police: Man drives under the influence, has warrant for his arrest

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 21-year-old Phoenix man was arrested March 15 on the 1000 block of West Southern Avenue on suspicion of driving under the influence, having an outstanding Idaho warrant, drug paraphernalia and marijuana possession, according to a police report.

The man drove his car into a wall and caused damage to his vehicle and a wall on private property, police reported.

He fled the scene and was located seven minutes later, south of the scene, the report said.

A search of the vehicle revealed three glass pipes with marijuana residue, a black marijuana grinder and a clear plastic baggie containing marijuana, police said.

The man told officers he didn't have a medical marijuana card, according to the report.

A records search revealed a valid and confirmed extraditable warrant out of Idaho for delivery of dangerous drugs with a $10,000 bond, the report said.

He was transported to the Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 19-year-old Tempe man was arrested March 13 on the corner of Hermosa Drive and Rural Road on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

During a vehicle stop for a red light violation, police smelled an odor of marijuana coming out of the vehicle, the report said.

Marijuana shake, a glass pipe and a bag with green leafy substance could be seen on the passenger floor and on the cup holder, the report said.

When police asked the man where the marijuana was, he pulled two sandwich-size bags almost full of marijuana from under the passenger seat, according to the report.

The report said the man told police he had smoked marijuana for a long time and had eaten marijuana brownies about eight hours before.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Adriana Loya

Reach the reporter at agloya@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @loyadriana

×