Tempe Police: Man enters bar with someone else's ID, flees police

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 20-year-old Phoenix man was arrested March 17 on the 600 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of escape in the third degree, drug paraphernalia possession, possession and use of a narcotic drug, using a false ID to enter a bar, giving a false report to law enforcement, using the driver’s license of another person and being a minor in consumption, according to a police report.

The man provided the Mill Cue Club security staff with the driver’s license of another man, but the staff refused to let him in and contacted police, according to the report.

During police investigation, the man kept insisting that he was the man on the license, police said.

Police said that they reviewed the Facebook page of the man the arrestee claimed to be and asked the man to provide the birth date on the license and the social security number, which the man was not able to do.

Officers determined that the man did not match the identity of the person on the license, police said.

The man was handcuffed and a search of his person revealed a small baggie containing cocaine in his coin pocket, but the man pulled away, ripping the pocket, and fled the scene, according to the report.

He made it approximately 25 feet on Mill Avenue in his handcuffs before he was pushed into a pole that brought him to a stop, police said.

Police said that the man then fell from the pole into an open cab door where police were able to secure him.

The man was transported and booked into the Tempe City Jail and was released pending charges, according to the report.

• A 25-year-old Paradise Valley man was arrested on the 6000 block of East Vista Drive on March 19 on suspicion of criminal trespassing in the first degree, according to a police report.

The man unlawfully entered the unlocked residence on the 800 block of West Brown Street when the resident was not home, police said.

The incident occurred between 3:30 a.m. and 4 a.m., the report said.

The man stayed for approximately five to 10 minutes and left, leaving the front door open, according to the report.

The man had been drinking shots and beer at a party that was also on West Brown Street with people he did not know, police reported. He could not remember all of the events that occurred, police said.

The man was booked into the Tempe City Jail and was held to see a judge.

Reports compiled by Chelsey Ballarte

Reach the reporter at Chelsey.Ballarte@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @chelseyballarte

×