Tempe Police reported the following incident Thursday:

• A 29-year-old man was arrested April 10 on the 1800 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of possession of burglary tools, theft control of property and theft means of transportation, according to a police report.

The man, his girlfriend and her 5-year-old son unlawfully entered a vehicle that was left running in a parking lot on the 1300 block of West Sixth Street, police said.

Once inside the car, the man drove to a different parking lot on the 1900 block of East Hayden Lane, the report said.

The man parked the car and removed an amplifier from it, according to the report.

Police obtained a video at the second parking lot that showed the man, his girlfriend and her son arriving in the vehicle and walking away from it with the amplifier, the report said.

Officers also obtained a video from a Circle K on the 1300 block of West University Drive, near the first parking lot, that showed the three of them walking close to where the vehicle was stolen, according to the report.

An employee at the Circle K told police the man had tried a door handle on a vehicle in the parking lot, police said.

The owner of the stolen car told officers they had seen a woman and a child enter the vehicle before driving away, the report said.

The man told police he had taken the car and wanted to sell it, according to the report.

A search of the woman’s person revealed a blue metal hammer, a screw driver, a Dremel tool bit set and a silver screw driver in her purse, police reported. The man told officers the tools were his, the report said.

A search of the man’s person revealed a blank vehicle key in the front pocket of his pants, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked, police reported.

Report compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza

Reach the news editor at dpbaltaz@asu.edu

×