Tempe Police: Man threatens to kill everyone he encounters

Tempe police reported the following incidents Friday:

• A 54-year-old Scottsdale man was arrested April 12 on the 1000 block of East Orange Street on suspicion of criminal damage and disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

Between 11 p.m. and midnight, the man allegedly committed aggravated assault against another man by threatening to kill him with a knife, police said.

The confrontation took place at the other man’s apartment, the report said.

During the altercation, the man kicked a 32-inch flat screen television, breaking the screen, according to the report.

The man with the knife then fled the apartment and came in contact with two other men and threatened to kill them, the report said.

The man then swung his hand in an attempt to hit them when they ran inside their apartment, according to the report.

The man came in contact with yet another man and his dog in the courtyard area and threatened to kill the man and his dog as well, the report said.

After attempting to hit the dog, the man began chasing the owner and his dog, said the report.

The man is on parole for an aggravated assault charge and was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was held, according to the report.

• A 30-year-old Prescott man was arrested April 12 on the 1000 block of South McClintock Drive on suspicion of dangerous drug and drug paraphernalia possession and having a warrant for his arrest, according to a report.

The man was riding his bicycle northbound from Don Carlos Avenue toward a 7-Eleven when police recognized the man from prior contacts with him and were aware of a warrant from ASU Police, the report said.

Police said when they detained the man, he said, “Please don’t cut the straps of my backpack."

A records check revealed that the man had a warrant from Tempe City Courts and ASU police, according to the report.

Police conducted a search on his backpack and found a used hypodermic needle with no cap on it along with a small blue case containing a white crystalline substance, which later tested positive for methamphetamine, the report said.

When police began the backpack search, the man said he had found the backpack and its content was not his, the report said.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held on the warrants, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Adriana Loya

Reach the reporter at Adriana.Loya@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @loyadriana

×