Tempe Police: Man urinates in public, has outstanding warrants

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 59-year-old Mesa man was arrested March 31 on the 1400 block of West Baseline Road in Tempe on suspicion of urinating in public, providing false information to a law enforcement officer and having two Maricopa County Superior Court warrants, according to a police report.

An officer spotted the man urinating on a wall while they were on patrol, police reported.

When police asked for his name and date of birth, he lied to the officer and gave him a false name, according to the report.

After several minutes, the man gave the officer his real name, according to police.

After running a check of the man’s correct name and date of birth with Tempe Dispatch, officers discovered that he had two outstanding, confirmed warrants for probation violation, police said.

He was taken to Tempe City Jail, where he was held to see a judge, police said.

A 23-year-old Tempe man was arrested March 31 at the intersection of South Carney Avenue and West Second Street on suspicion of driving on a suspended license and having an outstanding Mesa City court warrant, according to a police report.

The man was pulled over by police when he failed to stop at a stop sign at Hardy Drive and Fifth Street, the report said.

When police checked the man’s information, they found he had a suspended license and two outstanding Mesa City warrants, according to the report.

Police inspected the vehicle and found a baggie with a usable amount of what they believed was marijuana, police said.

The man said he smoked marijuana the night before and he knew the bag was in the car, but the bag did not belong to him, police said.

He said the car was his girlfriend’s but he knew the baggie was there. He told police “so you can put it on me,” according to the report.

He also said the marijuana in the car was of low quality and he only smokes high-quality marijuana, police said.

The man told police he has been smoking marijuana from a glass pipe, a bong or cigarettes for several years to relieve stress and relax, according to the report.

A search of his person revealed marijuana in his pockets, police said.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports complied by Melissa Stewart.

Contact the reporter at stewart.stewart@gmail.com or follow her on Twitter @Melissa152163

×