When you can't get it right

Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.
Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.

Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez. Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.

Making the wrong decision is a part of life. It's one of those inevitable occurrences in life. And these decision don't come in one form. They can be emotional, physical, mental, or financial. Life is about risk. Sometimes, you succeed beyond anything you could've imagined. Other times, you fail and have to live with the consequences.

We all make bad choices, but it's how we deal with those choices that makes all the difference. As humans, we're ruled by our impulses, our feelings, and those spur of the moment indulgences. We do what feels right and sometimes we let our hearts overrule our basic logic.

There's no real formula or solution for fixing mistakes. We have to face to up to them and do our best to survive the fallout. Our right choices may take us on the path we want to be on, but it's our wrong choices that help us build character.

They teach us resilience, honesty, vulnerability, and often, help clarify exactly what we want from ourselves and the lives that we lead.

Making any decision is difficult and generally, people don't even realize that they're making bad choices until after the decision has already been made. After all, hindsight is 20-20.

The important thing to remember is that no matter what you do; if you are willing to take a stand and correct your mistakes, life will go on and you can change your circumstances.

Make the best of everything — right or wrong decision. Focus on your strengths. Take your own emotions into consideration. Be smart. Be vulnerable. Be logical. And understand that making bad choices can be the source of our biggest triumphs.

Reach the blogger at Stephanie.Tate@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @StephanieITA

×