Your personal runway

Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.
Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.

Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez. Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.

Designer Coco Chanel said,“Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening.”

Whether you believe in the power of the fashion industry or not, it doesn't lessen the positive effects of wearing clothes that make you feel good.

Society puts far too much stock in physical appearances, but there is something to be said about a person wearing an outfit that boosts their confidence. In these trying times, every little bit of confidence you have is necessary.

We aren't required to play by the rules or standards of someone else's game. Wear what you like and if you feel empowered or stunning or positive then you should take that outfit and rock it across campus.

The clothes we wear and how we feel about our appearance can turn a bad day into a good one. The world isn't so frightening when you look at it as your personal runway.

Stress is high right now. This is the time to be your own star and let everyone else's opinions of you fade into nonexistence. Wear what makes you feel good and I promise that your outlook on the day will be far greater than it would've been if you let your clothes reflect your mood.

Author Oscar Wilde said, "“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.”

#BeAStar

[embed width="600" contenteditable="false"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=156q2w_ca1U&feature;=kp[/embed]

Reach the blogger at Stephanie.Tate@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @StephanieITA

×