Faulty Replication: A Goodbye

Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.
Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.

Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez. Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.

Well, it has been one heck of a semester. I’ve done more than I ever thought I would do in a mere five months, but it’s about time that I wrap up my blog here. This will be my final post for the ASU State Press Magazine and the goodbye is bittersweet.

Over this semester, I have learned a lot about what inspires me and what inspires others. I’ve taken a good look at why inspiration is such a vital part of our daily lives. Even with all of my research and experience, I have yet to understand humans.

But I’ve come to learn that everyone needs something to work towards — an end goal, a progress point, or an ideal. Life without goals is pretty, but empty. I don’t mean careers or money or some sort of beauty standard. I mean the intrinsic goals that we keep deep inside of us.

Everyone wants something, and generally, they want to be happy. I want to spend the rest of my life helping others. Not medically, because I don’t have the patience to be a doctor. Not spiritually, because my faith is my own and I don’t follow anyone else’s rules. I want to help people by making them laugh, by creating characters that touch someone’s heart and make them understand that they are never alone in their seemingly infinite struggles.

I’m a simple person. I want to laugh every day. I want people to feel comfortable being exactly who they are. I want people to bask in and anticipate change because it will always be a part of our lives. My goal is to find joy in every single day, and to share that joy with the people around me.

This is Stephanie Tate (Faulty Replication) signing off. It’s been a pleasure!

Reach the blogger at Stephanie.Tate@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @StephanieITA.

×