Boo to Donald Sterling, the racist flip-flopper. The 80-year-old owner of the Los Angeles Clippers decided not to sell his team to Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and will instead pursue a $1 billion lawsuit against the NBA. The NBA banned Sterling for life in April and fined him $2.5 million for racist remarks he made in private to his girlfriend.

Bravo to President Barack Obama for signing a memorandum which, upon approval of the Secretary of Education and Congress, would make it easier for people to pay off student loan debts. The proposals would allow federal direct student loan borrowers to cap their loan payments at 10 percent of their income, among other actions that would support borrowers.

Boo to the alleged Miley Cyrus car thieves being from the Valley. Naomi Charles, 21, and Tylor Scott, 19, were arrested in connection with the theft of Cyrus's 2014 Maserati Quattroporte on May 5. The two attended McClintock High School.

Bravo to Nintendo for showing off several titles with playable female characters at the Electronic Entertainment Expo on Tuesday. From Zelda, Impa and Midna in "Hyrule Warriors," to Bayonetta in "Bayonetta II," to May in "Pokémon Omega Ruby" and "Pokémon Alpha Sapphire," to a variety of favorite Nintendo heroines in the upcoming Super Smash Brothers installment, it's great to see women be acknowledged within the video game industry.

Boo to the car wreck that put comedian Tracy Morgan in the hospital with multiple injuries and killed fellow passenger James McNair, another comedian who performed under the name "Jimmy Mack." Our best wishes to Morgan for a full recovery.

Bravo to the announcement that there will be three Avatar sequels released in 2016, 2017 and 2018. The 2009 blockbuster was bound for a sequel (it is the highest-grossing film of all time), but nobody expected three. Production for the sequels will begin this year. Also, Sigourney Weaver is returning from the dead from the original film to play a different character in the upcoming sequels.

Boo to recent spouts of violence in the U.S. and overseas. In the past week, there have been three major shootings on the West Coast. A shooting at Seattle Pacific University resulted in the death of a student, a shooting at an Oregon high school resulted in the death of a student and the gunmen and another shooting in Las Vegas resulted in the deaths of two police officers, a bystander and the two attackers. On Monday, five American troops were killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan during an operation. In Pakistan, a terrorist group attacked the Jinnah International Airport on Sunday, killing 36 people.

Bravo to online gamers who helped nab one of two armed robbers. Two men broke into an apartment in Tempe where a woman was playing an online video game early Monday morning. Her fellow players watched the whole thing via a video feed and contacted police, leading them to her apartment and helping catch one of the men who was still inside.

Boo to the holding of more than 1,000 unaccompanied migrant children in Nogales, Arizona. The children, who include pregnant teens and a sick infant, have been transported from Texas to a makeshift facility in the southern Arizona town, where many are sleeping in plastic containers and haven't showered for up to 10 days, according to The Arizona Republic.

Bravo to "The Fault in Our Stars," which grossed $48 million in its opening weekend. The tearjerker is a faithful adaptation of young adult novelist John Green's 2012 love story about two teenage cancer patients.

×