Tempe Police: Man, daughter see naked woman in park

The man and his 10-year-old daughter were walking through Tempe Beach Park when they saw an intoxicated woman laying in the grass with her pants down.

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 43-year-old transient woman was arrested June 15 on the 80 block of West Rio Salado Parkway on suspicion of having alcohol in a park, indecent exposure and drinking in public, according to a police report.

A man and his 10-year-old daughter were walking by the splashpad at Tempe Beach Park when the daughter saw a naked woman in the grass near them, police reported.

The woman was laying hunched down in the grass with her pants down, and the man and his daughter could clearly see her buttocks and anus, according to the report.

The two left the area and immediately Tempe Police, the report said. When officers arrived, they found that she was heavily intoxicated, police reported.

She had a Four Loko drink with her, and she told the officers it was hers and that she had been drinking it, according to the report.

The woman was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, police reported. Her charge for indecent exposure was forwarded to the Maricopa County Attorney's Office.

A 41-year-old Mesa man was arrested June 13 on the 400 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of burglary, according to a police report.

Officers received a call about a burglary in progress at Rula Bula Irish Pub and Restaurant, police reported.

A man had entered the pub's gated patio early in the morning when it was closed, according to the report. He went behind the patio's bar and took five glass bottles of Michelob Ultra, valued at $3.50 each, police reported.

An employee caught the man and with another employee and a third man, chased him outside of the restaurant, according to the report. The man left his five bottles of beer when he was chased down the street, police reported.

An officer detained the man, who told the officer that he hadn't stolen anything, according to the report. After the officer told him three people had seen him do it, the man asked how much time he would spend in jail, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 30-year-old Tempe man was arrested June 15 on the 600 block of West Grove Parkway on suspicion of criminal trespassing and criminal damage, according to a police report.

The man entered a residence by forcing the front door open while the occupants were away and then went into the bedroom, where he fell asleep in the bed, police reported.

When officers responded, the occupants said they had never seen the man before, police reported.

It turned out that he lived in a different apartment in the same complex, the report said.

The man was transported to the Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Julia Shumway.

Reach the editor-in-chief at julia.shumway@asu.edu or follow @JMShumway on Twitter.

×