Final: No. 19 ASU 45, Weber State 14

Redshirt junior wide receiver Jaelen Strong makes a leaping catch over Weber State cornerback Cordero Dixon. ASU leads 31-0 at halftime. (Photo by Sean Logan)

(Photo by Sean Logan) An ASU fan in the student section at Thursday night's game versus Weber State pops the question to the Sun Devils' leading rusher, DJ Foster. Foster finished the night with three touchdowns and 147 yards on 15 carries.(Photo by Sean Logan)

The Sun Devils came out of the locker room after halftime in full control of the game and did not look back.

Junior running back DJ Foster had a 57-yard touchdown run — his third of the game — aided by some nifty moves, making the score 38-0 with 10:46 remaining in the third quarter.

That was Foster's final carry of the game, and it marked the end of the night for the first-team offense.

Weber State finally got on the board halfway through the third quarter, when sophomore quarterback Billy Green found senior wide receiver Shaydon Kehano on the right side of the end zone for a touchdown.

The Sun Devils responded later in the quarter when redshirt junior quarterback Mike Bercovici found redshirt freshman Ellis Jefferson for a score.

With just over five minutes remaining in the game, sophomore running back Zach Smith ran in a 60-yard touchdown to make the score 45-14.

Last season's leading rusher for Weber State, senior Bo Bolen, did not have an offensive touch in the game.

Reach the reporter at mtonis@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @Tonis_The_Tiger

×