Tempe Police: Man steals bike, stores drugs in shoe

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 28-year-old man was arrested Aug. 23 at the intersection of West Tenth Street and South Priest Drive on suspicion of burglary and marijuana possession, according to a police report.

The man jumped a fence into a backyard and removed a bike from the yard, police reported. The man told police that he needed a ride home, which is why he decided to steal the bike, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, but when they arrived at the jail, the police officer found a small bag of marijuana on the floor of the car, police reported.

The man admitted it was his and he had removed it from his running shoe while they were driving to the jail, according to the report.

The man was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 34-year-old Guadalupe man was arrested Aug. 23 on the 1300 block of West Elliot Road on suspicion of shoplifting and dangerous drug possession, according to a police report.

The man went into a Walmart and began placing items into a duffel bag and a backpack, but he later told police he became scared and left the bags in the store, police reported.

The man then walked out of the store with a shirt he had put on inside the store, cologne and headphones, according to the report.

When police searched the man for drugs they found meth, or what the man called "beth" in his pocket, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shelby Slade.

Reach the news editor at sgslade@asu or follow her on Twitter @shelbygslade

×