Tempe Police: Man attempts to exchange stolen goods for gift cards

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

• A 46-year-old Tempe man was arrested Aug. 23 at a Walmart located on the 1300 block of West Elliot Road on suspicion of theft and outstanding warrants, according to a police report.The man was seen selecting several items from inside worth $35.24 and taking them to guest services to return the items for money, police reported. The man was cited and released for the theft, according to the report.

It was later revealed that the man had an outstanding warrant from Colorado, and he was placed under arrest, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 22-year-old Tempe man was arrested Aug. 20 on West Guadalupe Road on suspicion of marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and driving while intoxicated, according to a police report.The man was originally contacted during a road rage incident, according to police.

During the initial contact, the man was found to be slightly impaired and was arrested on suspicion of DUI, police reported.

During a search following the arrest, police found a one-hit glass pipe and a lighter containing marijuana in his front right pocket, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Kelcie Grega.

Reach the assistant news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @kelciegrega

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.

×