Which bands are coming to Arizona this fall?

Linkin Park will be one of several bands coming to Arizona this fall. (Photo by Brandon Cox courtesy of Warner Bros)

Linkin Park will be one of several bands coming to Arizona this fall. (Photo by Brandon Cox courtesy of Warner Bros) Linkin Park will be one of several bands coming to Arizona this fall. (Photo by Brandon Cox courtesy of Warner Bros)

While the summer concert season is dying down, there are still shows to get excited about this semester. A number of major names are making their way to the Valley in the next few months, but local bands are also putting on shows to celebrate. Here are a few shows to put on your calendar.

Linkin Park and Thirty Seconds To Mars with AFI — Sept. 10

Linkin Park is bringing the "Carnivores” tour to US Airways Center on Sept. 10, performing old chart-toppers and songs off of their latest album "The Hunting Party." While the show is quickly approaching, tickets are still available.

Vinyl Station at Gypsy Bar — Sept. 11

This Phoenix-based band plays shows around the Valley, but regularly appears at downtown spots like The Vig and Gypsy Bar. The mostly acoustic folk duo of Matthew Thornton and Brendon Cottrell are planning the release of a new album, due sometime this fall.

Sean Hayes at Last Exit Live — Sept. 18

Singer-songwriter Sean Hayes will be performing at Last Exit Live in Phoenix, with guests Eric and Erica. Hayes, who boasts a career spanning 20 years, has a unique retro sound, making the concert an affordable and must-see affair.

[embed width="600" contenteditable="false"]http://vimeo.com/77620622[/embed]

David Gray at Comerica Theatre — Sept. 21

U.K. based David Gray is bringing some of his English indie singer-songwriter style to Comerica Theatre this September. Listeners might remember Gray from hits like “Babylon” and “This Year’s Love.”

The Airborne Toxic Event at Marquee Theatre — Sept. 22

This indie-rock band has been cranking out lyric heavy songs since 2006 and is now hitting the road with its 2013 released album, “Such Hot Blood.” The band’s song “Sometime After Midnight” hit the charts in 2008 with a sound reminiscent of U2.

Drake and Lil Wayne at Ak-Chin Pavilion — Sept. 25

In a show titled, “Drake vs. Lil Wayne,” superstars Drizzy Drake and Lil Weezy literally battle and perform hits like “Started From The Bottom” and “How To Love.” This epic rap battle is one to watch out for.

Sir Sly at Crescent Ballroom — Sept. 27

The Los Angeles based indie-pop band is bringing the British band Wolf Gang to Crescent Ballroom in September. Sir Sly’s song, “Gold,” is making its way to the airwaves, while Wolf Gang’s invigorating indie pop vibe will make this show a fun performance to check out.

Sublime with Rome at Arizona Veterans Memorial Coliseum — Oct. 12

Reggae fans, rejoice! Sublime is teeming up with Rome Ramirez to bring classic favorites and new songs to fans, Ramirez said in an interview with Billboard. "That's what this tour is — we're doing some of the old favorites and some of the stuff we've been working on in the studio and backstage and stuff like that,” Ramirez noted.

Charli XCX at Crescent Ballroom — Oct. 20

The “Fancy” and “Boom Clap” singer will be performing at Crescent Ballroom with Elliphant and Femme. The alternative pop singer is set to release her sophomore album “Sucker” in October.

Arctic Monkeys at Comerica Theatre — Oct. 25

English rockers The Arctic Monkeys will be performing at Comerica with Mini Mansions in October. The Arctic Monkeys, known for their 2013 single “Do I Wanna Know,” have been producing number one hits in the U.K. since 2005 with a second album, “Favorite Worst Nightmare,” reaching No. 7 in the U.S.

Chase Rice at Crescent Ballroom — Oct. 30

Country singer Chase Rice will be bringing his “Ignite The Night” tour to Phoenix this fall. The co-writer of the Florida Georgia Line hit single “Cruise” has hit the charts with his song “Ride.” Fans can expect Rice to perform his major hits, along with material from his new album, “Ignite The Night,” which is “a genre-busting bruiser of an album that tackles tube tops and tears in equal measure,” according to the biography listed on his website.

Reach the reporter at Samantha.Shotzbarger@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @SShotzbarger

×