Boos & Bravos: Oct. 31

BIZ CPT-APPLE 7 CC
Apple CEO Tim Cook introduces the iPhone 6 and the Apple smartwatch at the Flint Center on Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014, in Cupertino, Calif. (Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group/MCT)

(Photo and Edit by Alexis Macklin) (Photo and Edit by Alexis Macklin)

Bravo to Halloweekend descending upon us — whether we're prepared or scared. With spooks and films to go around, it's going to be one for the books.

Boo to the proliferation of slideshows, lists, Instagrams and Snapchat stories replete with animals in costume. Did you ever stop to think that your dog doesn't want to wear a beard — or your cat a hat?

(Photo Courtesy of Marvel Studios) (Photo Courtesy of Marvel Studios)

Boo-ravo to Marvel Studio for announcing a new bunch of Superhero movies —including titles for Black Panther, Captain Marvel and Doctor Strange — but passing up on a film for Black Widow. A Natasha Romanoff-led story has been in demand among fans for a while, and they are disappointed that it's apparently not coming anytime soon.

Bravo to exploratory freshman Jake Hoekstra for being found Thursday morning after being reported missing Monday morning. He is now being treated at St. Joseph’s Hospital for possible memory loss and a bump on his head.

Boo to Alex Rodriguez. As the 2014 MLB season is officially over, the player everyone loves to hate is officially reinstated.

The San Francisco Giants' Pablo Sandoval hits double in the eighth inning against the Kansas City Royals in Game 7 of the World Series on Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2014, at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Mo. The Giants won, 3-2, to capture the Series title. (Photo Courtesy of David Eulitt/Kansas City Star/MCT) The San Francisco Giants' Pablo Sandoval hits double in the eighth inning against the Kansas City Royals in Game 7 of the World Series on Wednesday, Oct. 29, 2014, at Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City, Mo. The Giants won, 3-2, to capture the Series title. (Photo Courtesy of David Eulitt/Kansas City Star/MCT)

Bravo to the World Series Champions, the San Francisco Giants. The thrilling series went to seven games, with the Giants beating the Royals 3-2 in game seven. This is the third series the Giants have one in the last five years.

Boo to the small plane crash on in Kansas on Thursday, Oct. 30. The plane crashed into the Wichita's Mid-Continent Airport leaving four people dead and five others injured.

Apple CEO Tim Cook introduces the iPhone 6 and the Apple smartwatch at the Flint Center on Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014, in Cupertino, Calif. (Photo Courtesy of Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group/MCT) Apple CEO Tim Cook introduces the iPhone 6 and the Apple smartwatch at the Flint Center on Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014, in Cupertino, Calif. (Photo Courtesy of Karl Mondon/Bay Area News Group/MCT)

Bravo to Apple CEO Tim Cook for coming out as gay in a Bloomberg Businessweek article he wrote Thursday.

Boo to the fungal disease responsible for devastating populations of European salamanders. We can only hope our nation's amphibians stay unaffected by this horror.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×