China Magic Noodle House a mystical journey

China Magic Noodle House presents a different noodle-eating experience in the style of Lanzhou, the capital city of the Gansu province of Northwestern China.

This noodle house is by far the best noodle house that serves homemade, hand-pulled noodles in the Valley.

Behind a huge glass window is the kitchen, where the chefs put together an extraordinary bowl of lamien (hand-pulled noodles). Every plate or bowl of noodles is made upon ordering, which guarantees great texture and flavor.

The noodle texture isn't at all like the college staple of ramen. Unlike some noodles in soup that get soggy after awhile, the noodles in China Magic will stay chewy and tender until the very last spoonful.

China Magic Noodle House serves five types of noodles — thin, thick, wide, shaved and vegetable — accompanied by savory sauces or hot steamy broths.

Different types of noodles go well with different sauces or broths. For example, if you enjoy slurping your noodles, thin noodles will go best with soups.

Popular dishes include the beef stew with soup noodle for $5.95, seafood noodle with creamy sauce for $5.95 and noodle with minced pork sauce for only $5.50.

If you're feeling adventurous, don’t miss out on the cold spicy pig ear, which is thinly sliced and very chewy. This dish makes a great appetizer. Additionally, the dumplings are so enormous that you could just have a plate of them for lunch.

The restaurant is spacious and has minimal decorations with practical furniture. The glass window at the end of the restaurant gives customers a full view of the kitchen.

Working closest to the glass window is the noodle maker; meticulously stretching and folding the dough into strands, making noodles of different thickness. He pulls and folds the dough over and over again to achieve the preferred thickness.

For a different yet rewarding experience, pay China Magic Noodle House a visit. You're guaranteed some good noodles at a reasonable price.

Details:

Address – 2015 N. Dobson Road, Chandler, Ariz. 85224

Phone – 480-786-8002

Hours – Monday Closed

Tuesday to Friday 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Saturday & Sunday 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Reach the reporter at jmoo1@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @moojuliet

×