The stars have spoken, and your guide has faithfully translated the implications of all this planetary movement and zodiac mumbo jumbo — and given you a song to match. While a great many of you are guaranteed good vibes for the month of October, Mercury is slipping into retrograde on Saturday, which is just bound to bring a sense of unease, stagnation and miscommunication into the atmosphere. Not to worry, though; the planets are always moving, so it’ll pass.

horoscopes_aries

The neon lights of love are shining bright for you this month, Aries. So throw on that blue velvet (or the luxurious fabric of your choice) and get ready for the chance for a lover to appear out of the proverbial woodwork. The hands of fate are shuffling potential romantic interests in your direction, but the stars are a bit vague about the word “lover.” There’s a chance an old lover could show up, throwing a wrench in your plans of “moving on,” but just as likely is the chance for someone new to lock eyes with you from across a crowded party and — well, you know where the story goes from there. However, for you to be ready to run off to Las Vegas to elope — or whatever it is you choose to do with your new beau — you need to feel a sense of unlimited possibility. That’s just the way you are, Aries. Thankfully, with Venus in Libra, that whole “opposites attract” business is at play in full force, so be open to the unexpected.

horoscopes-taurus

This is the week to take a nice, long gander at your health, Taurus. Of course, the stars mean health in a very broad sense — encompassing your mental, spiritual, physical and environmental health. Your guide to the stars added that last one on to suggest that you reevaluate the health of your surroundings. While you’re busy trying to schedule having a salad for dinner and lighting scented candles for meditation, make some time to think about how your environment might be harshing your mellow. Have you always hated how your room is arranged in the most nonsensical fashion? Are you just trying to hold on to too much useless stuff? Out with the bad vibes, Taurus! Cleanse your life on all fronts these coming weeks, and you’ll more attune to the good things coming your way.

horoscopes-gemini

The headlines for every sign this week are fixated on Mercury slipping into retrograde on Saturday, which is especially relevant to you, Gemini, because Mercury is your ruling planet. You’re on the cusp of a three-week span of time that will be über jam-packed with lots of things for you to overanalyze — you know, schoolwork, social excursions, extensive internal monologues, misadventures, etc.! You’re going to be almost alarmingly busy! You might even drive yourself to the verge of a casual mental breakdown! Just as likely, however, as that you’ll feel a radical realignment (in a good way) over the course of the next three weeks. An ending that’s been long overdue is likely to rear its head over the weekend, which can be difficult for someone who tends to dwell on the past. All these changes and moments of extreme stimulation, however, are a rad opportunity for you to look at life in a different way.

horoscopes-cancer

For the next week, it might be a decent idea to make a guest list for who you allow over to your place. Bad vibes that you have never noticed might be lurking in unexpected areas of your social circle, but if you take a hot second to make a nice numbered list (you, like, don’t have to write it down) of the people you hang out with and think about their aura, you might find a few bad apples. Stop inviting them over, eh? Tune in to your inner spiritual guide and allow them to guide you. You’ve got some really top-notch friends. Make sure that when you’re cleansing the circle of bad vibes, you give, you know, “props” to the good folks in your life.

horoscopes-leo

Unfortunately, the storm clouds are about to release a nice, torrential downpour on you, Leo. Well, maybe it’ll be a pleasant sprinkle, but either way, issues with your home and/or family will float to the surface this week. The stars suggest that you try your darndest to remain calm throughout whatever happens, but don’t shove these issues back under the rug. Think about events in your childhood and how they might have influenced your current self (you’re on, what, version 7.0 now?). The shadow of your family tree has played a larger part in your formation of self than you like to admit. Now is as good a time as any to really think things through. If you have siblings, now is actually the time that they’ll be of use to you. Call ‘em up.

horoscopes-virgo

horoscopes-libra

Lovely Venus entered your first house on Monday, meaning you’re going to be more attractive to those around you over the coming weeks. So hop on your white horse and ride on into “da club,” or wherever you want to go, really. A slow motion entrance and sparklers will follow you wherever you go. Under this external radiance, however, an internal struggle is erupting between the “good” and the “bad” sides of your personality. Of course, people are, like, way more complex than any binary, but there’s still something you’re trying to work out. Now is the time to take a nice, in-depth personal inventory. The age old advice, “check yo’self ‘fore you wreck yo’self,” is especially relevant for you this month. It’s super easy to be distracted from your “true” self when you’re turning heads because of how good you look, but don’t let appearances let you get carried away.

horoscopes-scorpio

Transformation Tuesday? More like Transformation Month for you, Scorpio! The coming weeks are going to be all about transformation, according to the stars, which could mean a whole parade of exciting and/or vaguely unsettling changes will be marching on through. Perhaps a relationship that’s dragged on way past its expiration date will finally fade away or maybe you’ll finally ditch that Pumpkin Spice latte in favor of real coffee. Who knows? On Saturday, Mercury will slip into retrograde, meaning that “transformation” may result in the reemergence of an old flame. This time round, you might try to make another go of things, but the stars suggest waiting for a while before committing. The moral of the story is that transformations can occur on the large and small scale, so if there’s a general vibe in your life you’ve been aching to change, now is the time. I mean, since you’re in college, every minute you’re conscious probably feels like a time of transit, but sudden shifts come along unexpectedly, and your personal weather forecaster is predicting a heavy transformation in the works for the month of October.

horoscopes-sagittarius

Over the next few weeks, you are going to soak up all the good vibes of a whole bevy of excursions, misadventures, and “outdoor activities” (whatever the hell that means). You just won’t be able to get enough of trees swaying in the breeze — and other nature-related things — so make sure to enjoy these moments without going to town on your Instagram. Just because you’re having a nice moment of casual self-reflection under a tree doesn’t mean you need to inform all of your “friends” and “followers” how beautiful every waking moment of your life is. Mercury is in retrograde — which is a major bummer for a lot of other signs — so they’ll be especially sensitive while you’re gallivanting about enjoying the sunshine. Doesn’t mean you can’t soak up the good vibes, though.   

horoscopes-carpicorn
According to the muddled tealeaves, one thing that won’t be muddled this week is the amount of much-deserved recognition you’ll be receiving. One potential bummer, though, is that fact that good ol’ Mercury is slipping into retrograde on Saturday, which just might interrupt these rays of recognition. Usually, however, whatever Mercury is up to doesn’t have too much of an effect on you, so expect a bevy gold star stickers — or something to that effect. The stars did throw out this troublesome tidbit, though: if you’re about to submit an application or are waiting to hear back from an organization of some kind, some sort of delay (Wi-Fi troubles, probably) may pop up or you may just receive bad news. If it’s possible, hang on to those applications you were about to send off with a carrier pigeon and major life decisions until next month.

horoscopes-aquarius

Hey, Aquarius, if it’s at all possible for you to take a break from responsibility, now is the time to do so. If this means getting ridiculously drunk with your best friends or taking a weekend trip out of the Valley, go forth. Summer has been dead for some time now, but you can resurrect the groovy vibes for a day or two without throwing everything out of whack. With Mercury venturing into retrograde this weekend, expect a few, uh, “unscheduled interruptions,” but by no means will your party be rained out. You’re craving a break from the mundane routine that’s been sucking all the color out of your life, so try something new.

horoscopes-pisces

Over the next week, you may find yourself thinking about someone who hasn’t crossed your thoughts in awhile. They might reappear in an oddly lifelike dream, and you might feel like you keep seeing them on our behemoth resort of a campus. This circling back into the past can be attributed to Mercury stuck in retrograde in your house of the subconscious and psychic activity. A nagging sensation of nostalgia may continue to linger in the air, but focus on what you’re doing right now to fend off the bizarre dreams and thoughts of the past. It’s just a dream, and it will pass.

Reach the reporter at zachariah.webb@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @zachariahkaylar.

×