Your guide to the stars is here with a general prescription for every sign of the zodiac: cool your heels this week. There’s a solar eclipse happening on Thursday, which has a tendency to veil the truth with misunderstandings. Reality is, like, super difficult to interpret on a normal day, but it’ll be even more of a challenge this week — according to the ever-faithful tea leaves. Don’t rush to any conclusions or make any snap decisions. Consider just listening to the music deemed thematically appropriate for your zodiac and r-e-l-a-x.

horoscopes_aries

Thursday’s solar eclipse will serve as some planetary foreshadowing of a coming ending for you, dear Aries. You may come to a stunning realization about the love of your young life, or a major deadline will arrive a lot quicker than you planned. Since Mercury is still hanging out in retrograde, however, the tea leaves don’t think you should hop to any immediate conclusions and make a quick decision. Things are just a bit fuzzy right now, and you won’t have the gift of gab on your side if you decide to end a relationship this week. There’s certainly an ending in the works, but the best way to approach things is by holding still for a little while.

horoscopes-taurus

That solar eclipse on Thursday will take place in your house of binding relationships — which is just bound to bring a drastic change (or two or three) in that department of your life. You’ll likely feel a strong urge to hop to conclusions and book it out of town, but nobody should be making any sudden decisions around this solar eclipse business. You’re not alone in this, Taurus. A lot of your zodiac buddies should steer clear of major decisions this week because (a) Mercury is still doing its retrograde thang and (b) solar eclipses have a tendency to distort reality. This is not meant to invalidate your out-of-the-blue-realization; the stars just think you should glance at the facts a little longer.

horoscopes-gemini

Please pause for a brief intermission, Gemini. Mercury (your ruling planet, in case you weren’t aware) is still trudging at a painful pace through its retrograde cycle, which leaves you, well, in a weird place on several fronts. If Mercury wasn’t messing with your wavelengths, you’d be able to tackle any project right now to get your life back on track; however, that’s not going to work out so well right now. Bummer. You can’t quite tell where you stand right now, and you probably just have a whole bevy of questions floating around in your noggin — topped with a nice serving of indecision. Perhaps you don’t even know why things feel different; they just do. This means you should probably cool your heels for a hot second before making any judgment calls or proceeding to beat yourself up for dropping the ball. According to the stars, Geminis are in the midst of one of their most challenging cycles in 29 years (because that’s relevant to those of us barely past our second decade), but not to worry, the sun will come out tomorrow! By tomorrow, the tea leaves mean, like, late November.

horoscopes-cancer

Your house of joy and pleasure will be paid a visit by Thursday’s solar eclipse, zesty Cancer. While the other signs will be hit with a general sense of unease, you’re ready to, as the kids say, “get freaky.” All this celebratory freakiness will probably seem a little unreal, though, courtesy of a solar eclipse’s habit of tossing a veil over your perception of things (consult the lyrics of the above song for potential activities, such as making life-size cardboard cutouts of your body, etc.). Of course, remember to enjoy responsibly.

horoscopes-leo

Leo, Thursday’s solar eclipse — under any other circumstances — would herald in the dawning of a new era (with all the accompanying sunshine). This is, uh, unfortunately not the case this time around. You won’t have a wide-angle perspective on the current narrative arc/era/relationship that’s been weighing you down — yet. That understanding is coming, though, Leo! Come early November, you’ll complete the metaphorical jigsaw puzzle you’ve been stuck on, and you’ll finally be able to sign off on something that’s been troubling you for a while. In the interim, the tea leaves are prescribing a ceasefire on any major decisions for everyone, so take a generous dosage of that and call your guide to the stars in a week or two. He’ll have better news then.

horoscopes-virgo

Your communication towers are going down this week, Virgo, due to Thursday’s solar eclipse. Everything from your emails to your letters to your texts to the note you leave for your roommate on the fridge saying you drank the last of the milk will all be received in an unusual way. Hey, it’s not just you — everyone’s perception is thrown off right now — but proceed with ample caution as you navigate communicating. Any major missteps/sudden decisions/etc. have the ability to thwart your progress and just causes delays. Traffic is bad right now, and no one is getting cell phone reception. Take this time to delve inward as opposed to getting upset, as it will just make this temporary halt in your progress more of a bummer.

horoscopes-libra

The urge to put all your ducks in a row is strong this week, Libra (especially after some news in the realm of your bank account balance), but the stars don’t have all that much faith in your computational skills this week. That solar eclipse party on Thursday is casting a shadow over everyone, masking key aspects of reality and truth. You may think that the numbers don’t lie, but they can. Feel free to go forth with polishing your row of ducks or making an elaborate Excel spreadsheet, but be prepared for delays, confusion and problems with it all adding up. Something is still missing from the picture. Not to worry, you’ll see it all soon enough. As an addendum to all that potentially not-so-fun news: happy (probably late) birthday to you, Libra! Buy yourself something shiny, eh? Amidst all this haze, it won’t matter too much if a few dollars disappear here and there.

horoscopes-scorpio

The stars hint at a change of gears for you, Scorpio, particularly in your personal branding department. You might feel the great wheels of a physical/behavioral transformation beginning to turn, but this is a time for taking notes and not chopping all your hair off. Your sage guide to the stars is prescribing a cease-fire on major decisions for nearly every sign this week, and the same goes for you. Cool your heels. This, however, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do a lot of thinking about how you’d like to see things change. Thinking can be fun sometimes.

horoscopes-sagittarius

Oh, does your guide to the stars have a metaphor for you that you’ve definitely never heard before. You’ve been like an iceberg as of late, dear Sagittarius, with only a tiny fraction of your whole self peeking out above the waves. Maybe you’ve been keeping a secret (maybe you actually hate "Orange Is the New Black") or you’re hiding a fundamental part of your identity from someone else. All of that is coming to an end soon; the metaphorical iceberg will rise from the water and levitate in mid-air, revealing what you’ve long kept hidden. This is, uh, just not the week that’s going to happen. The jigsaw you’re so anxious to finish is missing a piece. The solar eclipse ate it. Be patient; you’ll find that missing piece soon.

horoscopes-carpicorn

You’ve got friends on the brain this week, Capricorn. Under usual planetary circumstances, now would be a time of resolution in your social affairs, but the combination of that blasted solar eclipse and Mercury in retrograde are preventing you from seeing the whole picture. What may initially appear like a final conclusion to some long standing tension (romantic or otherwise) is actually more of the “to be continued” variety. Resolutions will arrive by mid-November, but you’re still in the middle of a narrative arc.

horoscopes-aquarius

Geewhiz, Aquarius, there’s a lot of planetary action happening in your neck of the woods. Saturn is currently renting your tenth house (which reigns over your general path in life and your social status), Mercury is still in retrograde and there’s a solar eclipse on Thursday. Now, what does all this mean for you? You’re on the cusp of a rapid-fire phase of decision-making. We’re talking some potentially serious decisions that will alter the direction of your year and life. Serious doesn’t necessarily mean bad, though. In the coming weeks, all that indecision will finally clear away, and you’ll be certain about what you want to do. However, that certainty is not in the cards this week. The solar eclipse has a tendency to toss a veil over the truth, which means now is not the time to jam all the pieces together and make any judgment calls. The picture is just incomplete. The jigsaw will fall naturally into place (which is a metaphor your guide to the stars has just about exhausted at this point) if you just r-e-l-a-x and wait out all this planetary traffic.

horoscopes-pisces

Pay close attention to your dreams in the coming days, Pisces. While Thursday’s solar eclipse will confuse your perception of waking reality, it will open up your dreams to brief (but potentially, like, super profound) visions of the future. Don’t pull out your dream dictionary to interpret the meaning of any particular symbol; such mysticism is cuckoo bananas, anyways — trust your guide to the stars. Allow your instincts to guide you to an understanding of what these dreams might mean. When you’re awake, however, put less trust in your perception. Things are weird out there in the daylight right now.

Reach the guide to the stars at Zachariah.Webb@asu.edu or follow him for sage advice on Twitter at @zachariahkaylar

×