Tempe Police: Woman hides brown substance believed to be heroin in shape of a ball in her vagina

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Friday and Tuesday:

A 32-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Oct. 10 at the 7000 block of McKellips Road on suspicion of having an outstanding warrant, according to a police report.

The woman was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

After being notified that her vehicle contained heroin paraphernalia, officers advised her that bringing contraband into jail was a more serious charge than just telling the officers that she had illegal items on her, police reported.

The woman told the officers twice that she did not have anything illegal on her, according to the report.

A detention officer gave her the same warning before conducting a strip search, police reported.

The search revealed a brown substance in the shape of a ball in a plastic wrapper in the right front small pocket of her jeans, according to the report.

In addition, a brown substance in the shape of a larger ball was found inside her vagina, police reported.

The brown substance is believed to be heroin and has been submitted for further testing, according to the report.

The woman was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 40-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Oct. 6 at University Inn on Mill Avenue on suspicion of possession of dangerous drugs and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

Police confronted the man after receiving a call from the manager claiming that the suspect offered to sell him drugs and that the suspect showed him a bottle of “crack,” police reported.

After being asked by officers to show the inside of his pockets, the man agreed and revealed that he had a hypodermic needle in his right pocket, police reported.

A search revealed a clear glass vial inside of the man’s backpack which contained white crystals which was recognized by the officer as a usable amount of methamphetamine, in addition to several small clear zip-lock baggies with pictures of green aliens and yellow smiley faces police reported.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Andrew Nicla.

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @andrewniclaASU.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×