Tempe Police: Man steals credit card, other items from childhood friend's residence

A 28-year-old Gilbert man was arrested Oct. 23 on the 2700 block of East Sierra Court on suspicion of burglary, credit card theft and trafficking in stolen property, according to a police report.

The man unlawfully entered the victim's residence through a large dog door installed in the backyard, police reported.

The man then removed property including electronics, a shotgun, a credit card, a wrist watch and identification documents, according to the report.

The man then used the stolen credit card to make a $44 purchase at one Circle K and made a second purchase of $48 at another Circle K, police reported.

The man was captured on video surveillance and identified by one of the victims as a subject he used to know in high school, with whom he grew up playing baseball, police reported.

The man had stopped by the victim's house a few months prior to visit with a mutual friend, according to the report.

The man then pawned some of the property stolen from the residence, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 22-year-old Mesa woman was arrested Oct. 25 on South River Road and East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of trespassing, possession of marijuana, possession of narcotic drugs and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

The woman was contacted by police as a passenger during a traffic stop, and upon running a check of her records, police discovered she had a current trespassing warning from the Motel 6 she had just left, police reported.

The woman was then searched and found with heroin, marijuana, syringes, a burnt metal spoon and a lighter, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Emi Kamezaki.

Reach the reporter at ekamezak@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @emikamezaki

×