Bravo to former Oregon Duck quarterback Marcus Mariota. He didn't end his college football career the way he may have liked, but there's no doubt that the Hawaii native was the best player in the country this year. The Heisman Trophy winner announced that he would declare for the NFL Draft on Wednesday, where he will likely be the No. 1 overall pick.

Boo to Nik Stauskas's auctioning off his girlfriend on Twitter, becoming the latest person to follow the recent Twitter trend of offering prom dates in exchange for retweets. Now, instead of finding their own dates to prom, high schoolers spend their time mining Twitter for the next date to "claim."

Bravo to Belgium for a successful anti-terrorism operation Thursday. Europe as a whole is on edge following the Charlie Hebdo attacks in France, but Belgium succeeded in neutralizing two jihadists

Boo to the collapse of plans for USA Place, the facility where USA Basketball was slated to be housed. We'll always have the empty husk of a Chili's and the fond memories of fajitas past to carry on the memory.

Bravo to the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication's 2014 fall depth reporting class for its "Hooked" documentary debut Tuesday night, simulcast by all Arizona TV stations. The commercial-free documentary was viewed by 380,000 households, according to early rating numbers and highlighted pressing addiction issues for many Arizona communities.

Boo to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting what is believed to be their last Golden Globes ceremony. We will miss their quips and their on-screen romance. God bless.

Bravo to ASU junior Jon Rahm for receiving a sponsor exemption to compete in the 2015 Phoenix Open. Rahm leads ASU with a 69.08 stroke average in 2014-15 and won the 2014 Thunderbird Invitational and 2014 Bill Cullum Invitational.

Boo to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences remaining on the wrong side of history by failing to nominate Ava DuVernay for Best Director and David Oyelowo for Best Actor. Not only was "Selma" a moving and award-deserving biopic, DuVernay would have made history being the first female African American nominee.

Bravo to state Rep. Phil Lovas for withdrawing his bill to place Arizona on Daylight Saving Time. Lovas initially said it would be good for business in Arizona, but the negative feedback caused him to kill the bill.

×