Literally Speaking: The final countdown

Literally Speaking: The final countdown

FB_20140203_13_28_12_Saved_Picture

A word of caution: This blog post may induce some serious eye-rolls and heart-gripping emotion.

This is my final introductory blog post for "Literally Speaking".

Oh, the nostalgia. My picture featured in my first introductory blog post. Oh, the nostalgia. My picture featured in my first introductory blog post.

Within the last year and a half, I have explored literature, the written word, and spoken word. A flame that started burning when I was a tiny toddler became a fire that has engulfed me. Writing about these topics in "Literally Speaking" has kept the fire burning. I've explored the shelves of libraries and bookstores. Spoken word poets have found a permanent home in my heart. I'm glad that I have been able to share the ride.

In this final semester, I plan to take in as many literary experiences as I can. I'll attend literary events and explore some of my favorite authors and genres. Beyond all that, I'll share information about the literary job search. Graduation looms and the job hunt begins.

It's the beginning of the end for college and this blog, but it's going to be an exciting ride.

Join the literary conversation at arabusa@asu.edu or on Twitter @marie_eo.

×