Randy Johnson, Tim Tebow headline celebrities competing in Waste Management Phoenix Open's Pro-Am

FW ALLSTAR 12
Randy Johnson of the Arizona Diamondbacks pitches in the top of the third inning for the National league. 2004 Major League Baseball All-Star game, Minute Maid Field. Houston, TX 7-13-04 FWST RON JENKINS DALLAS OUT

Randy Johnson of the Arizona Diamondbacks pitches in the top of the third inning for the National league at the 2004 Major League Baseball All-Star game, July 13, 2004 at Minute Maid Field in Houston. (Ron Jenkins/Fort Worth Star-Telegram/TNS) Randy Johnson of the Arizona Diamondbacks pitches in the top of the third inning for the National league at the 2004 Major League Baseball All-Star game, July 13, 2004 at Minute Maid Field in Houston. (Ron Jenkins/Fort Worth Star-Telegram/TNS)

The Super Bowl isn’t the only major sporting event coming to Arizona in the next month. The 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open is set for Jan. 26, and the list of athletes and celebrities playing in the Annexus Pro-Am was announced Monday.

The list includes three members of the Arizona Cardinals: head coach Bruce Arians, wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald and cornerback Patrick Peterson. Other current and former football players and personalities competing will be Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, NFL Hall of Famer Emmitt Smith, former all-pro quarterback Jim McMahon, Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer, former BCS national champion Tim Tebow and ESPN’s Chris Berman and Ron Jaworski.

Former Arizona Diamondback and newest member of the Baseball Hall of Fame Randy Johnson will also participate. Current Diamondbacks pitcher Josh Collmenter is also scheduled to play.

One former basketball player will be taking part, as NBA and ABA legend Julius “Dr. J” Irving will be teeing off in the Annexus Pro-Am. Both he and Arians are playing in their second straight Phoenix Open.

Country music stars Dierks Bentley and Jake Owen round out the list of celebrities competing in the event.

The 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open begins on Jan. 26 at TPC Scottsdale with the Annexus Pro-Am teeing off on Jan. 28.

Reach the reporter at wslane@asu.edu or follow @bill_slane on Twitter.

×