Sun Devil Snapshot: Second semester starting up

14—ASU men's basketball has now lost its last 14 games away from Wells Fargo Arena following losses to Oregon State and Oregon this past week. ASU struggled to get its offense going in a 55-47 loss to the Beavers, the second-straight game in which it failed to crack 50 points. The Sun Devils dropped the second game of the road trip in a 59-56 heartbreaker against the Ducks as senior forward Shaquielle McKissic's last-second three-pointer just missed the mark.

64— Overall margin of victory for ASU women's basketball in its two games against UA this past week. The Sun Devils dominated their competition in Tucson, winning by 47 points behind junior guard Elisha Davis's eight points, nine assists and seven rebounds. Sophomore forward Sophie Brunner stole the show in Tempe, leading a second-half surge with 20 points in the final 20 minutes to lead ASU to a 71-54 win.

https://twitter.com/Logan_Newsman/status/554109816067457024

4— ASU women's basketball moved up four spots in the latest AP poll, which was released Monday. After coming in at No. 18 in the country last week, ASU is now No. 14.

0— ASU hockey did not lose a single home game in the 2014-15 season before dropping its first game of the 2015 calendar year to Oklahoma. Oklahoma also handed ASU its first home loss of the season during the 2013-14 season.

15—ASU hockey rebounded from its third loss of the season by scoring 15 goals over two wins against Central Oklahoma. Sophomore forward Sean Murphy led the Sun Devils Friday night with four points (two goals, two assists), and sophomore forward Michael Cummings put up his first hat-trick with the team in ASU's 8-5 Saturday win.

6— In scoring two goals on Saturday night, Murphy extended his points streak for ASU hockey to six games.

353— Career tackles by former Sun Devil linebacker Bob Breunig, which was the most in school history by the time he left the school in 1974. Breunig was announced Friday as one of the 2015 inductees to the College Football Hall of Fame. He's the 10th former ASU player to be inducted.

https://twitter.com/FootballASU/status/553596283936468992

0.275— Margin of victory in ASU gymnastics' comeback win over Southern Utah on Friday night. The meet was ASU's first under new coach Rene Lyst, who took over for former coach John Spini.

Video by Justin Janssen | Sports Editor

45—Number of former ASU players who have been on teams in the Super Bowl. That number will grow, as both the Seattle Seahawks and Green Bay Packers have former Sun Devils on their roster. Former tight end Zach Miller is currently on Seattle's injured reserve list, and former linebacker Carl Bradford and former offensive lineman Garth Gerhart are on the Packers roster.

1.5— Current Territorial Cup lead ASU has over UA following ASU's sweep in women's basketball. ASU has four overall points, while UA has 2.5.

Reach the assistant sports editor at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×