Tempe Police: Drunk man falls asleep in strangers' guest house

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

A 23-year-old Tempe man was arrested on Jan. 19 on the 1200 block of South Maple Avenue on suspicion of trespassing, according to a police report.

Police were contacted after they received a call from the residents who owned the guest house saying they found the man asleep in their guest bed, police reported.

The residents did not know the man and asked officers to remove him, according to the report. When officers found the man asleep on the guest bed, they detained him in handcuffs, police reported.

The man said he did not know where he was or the owners of the guest house, and he admitted he had been drinking heavily the night before, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge.

A 34-year-old Guadalupe man was arrested on Jan. 23 on the 1300 block of West 23rd Street on suspicion of shoplifting at a Circle K located on the 100 block of West Broadway Road, according to a police report.

The man entered the Circle K and brought multiple store items to the register, police reported. After the items were placed inside grocery bags, the man took the bags without paying for the items inside and fled from the store, according to the report.

The man was found by police later, and he tried to ride away from officers on a bicycle before he was apprehended, police reported.

Officers also located a meth pipe but he denied ownership, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reach the assistant news editor at kgrega@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @kelciegrega.

×