Tempe Police: Man takes, pawns four computers from local school

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 21-year-old Tempe man was arrested Dec. 30 on the 200 block of West Hermosa Drive on suspicion of burglary, trafficking in stolen property and marijuana possession, according to a police report.The man broke into Carminati Elementary School on Dec. 18 and stole four Apple computers, police reported.

Later that day, the man pawned one of the computers at a local pawnshop, according to the report. The next day, the man pawned another computer, police reported.

Officers were able to identify the man by searching databases to match the car he fled the school in with registered cars in the area, according to the report.

When officers found the man, they found marijuana with him, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

• A 19-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Jan. 3 at West Warner Road and South Priest Drive on suspicion of marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia possession, driving while intoxicated and underage drinking, according to a police report.The man was asleep in his car when officers attempted to talk to him, police reported. The officers smelled marijuana coming from the car, according to the report.

The man became nervous while talking to officers, and he attempted to hide something in his pocket, police reported. Officers found a bag of marijuana in the man’s pocket, according to the report.

The man told officers that he had been at a party before stopping to sleep and had several beers there, police reported.

Reports compiled by Shelby Slade.

Reach the news editor at sgslade@asu or follow @shelbygslade on Twitter

×