Body found on ASU's Tempe campus

ASU Police cars are seen outside the Goldwater Building Friday, Feb. 13, 2015. Early Friday morning, a body was found near the building.

ASU Police cars are seen outside the Goldwater Building Friday, Feb. 13, 2015. Early Friday morning, a body was found near the building. ASU Police cars are seen outside the Goldwater Building Friday, Feb. 13, 2015. Early Friday morning, a body was found near the building. (Shelby Slade/The State Press)

The body of a former student was found early Friday morning near the Barry M. Goldwater Center for Science and Engineering building on the Tempe campus, ASU officials said.

ASU spokesman Jerry Gonzalez said the death appeared to have been a suicide.

It's believed to be a man in his early 20s who may have been killed in a fall, 12 News reported.

If so, this would be the second time in the past two years someone has died falling from the Goldwater building. An ASU student died in February 2013 at the building.

If you or someone you know is looking for help dealing with suicidal thoughts or actions, the ASU-dedicated hotline is 480-921-1006. This number is available 24/7. Counseling services can also be reached by appointment.

News editor Shelby Slade and editor-in-chief Julia Shumway contributed to this report.

×