Tempe Police: Man punches two civilians before cursing at an officer

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 21-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Feb. 7 at South Mill Avenue and West Fourth Street on suspicion of aggravated assault, disorderly conduct, failing to provide a legal name and drug paraphernalia possession, according to the police report.

Police were originally called to respond to a physical altercation the man was involved in, but who could not be found when the officer arrived, police reported.

Officers approached the man after receiving a second report regarding a physical altercation, police reported.

After failing to provide his legal name, officers detained and arrested the man, who responded with “f--k you” and “shut the f--k up,” according to the report.

During a routine search for the man's ID, the man kicked an officer in the leg, police reported. Officers found a piece of tin foil with burn marks and residue during the search, according to the police report.

A 28-year-old Mesa man was arrested at East Bell De Mar Drive and South Rural Road on suspicion on aggravated assault against a police officer, according to the police report.

The man was approached by officers after he was found to be disrupting traffic by walking in the road, police reported.

When officers tried to detain the man, he took a fighting stance by raising his fists and told the officers he wanted to fight them, according to the report.

Several more officers arrived to the scene and detained the man, who appeared to be under the influence of drugs at the time, police reported.

Reports compiled by Jessica Suerth.

Reach the reporter at Jlsuerth@asu.edu or on Twitter at @SuerthJessica.

×