Bravo to a group of German students for a powerful ad campaign highlighting sexism. The ads, captioned with "Don't judge a woman's worth by her clothes," picture a woman's legs, chest and upturned heel. A ruler ranges from "prude" to "whore," highlighting the double standard of judgment of female sexuality.

Boo to the stall of Loretta Lynch's confirmation vote in the Senate. The hold up has lead to inappropriate racist remarks and has increased already high racial tension between Democrats and Republicans.

Bravo to Arizona Republic investigative reporter Robert Anglen for his piece detailing legislation which would have capped how much counties charge for recording property deeds. County treasurers say the bill was written to help a wealthy investor avoid an exorbitant administrative fee.

Boo to the shootings in Mesa committed by ex-convict Ryan Giroux. Giroux started his shooting spree at a motel, stole a car and drove to an apartment complex. Five people were shot, and one was killed.

Bravo to the news that drinking more Dr. Pepper than our parents tell us to may actually help us live longer. A 104-year-old Texas woman said her three-can-a-day Dr. Pepper habit may have caused her to live longer. Drink up everyone!

Boo to brutal arrest of 20-year-old University of Virginia student Martese Johnson. Johnson, an honors student at the University, sustained injuries requiring at least 10 stitches after officers slammed him face first to the ground after he was denied entry to a pub. The incident was caught on video.

Bravo to all ASU students for surviving the first week back from Spring Break. After sweating out those tequila shots and whatever other toxins most students ingested in Cabo, it's time to focus and get back into the swing of school.

Boo to Apple for including an Apple Watch support app in their newest iPhone update. The app is automatically installed with the update even though not every iPhone owner will be purchasing the more than $500 watch.

Bravo to the glorious return of March Madness, as the NCAA tournament is officially underway. Everyone's bracket is already busted, but we don't care. No. 14 seeds winning in upsets is cool, and it's even better when they make us fall out of our seats (literally).

Let the madness begin.

Boo to Belgian Foreign Minister Didier Reynders for wearing blackface at a charity rally. The charity rally called for attendees to wear clothes similar to what was worn by African noblemen in the 1800s.

LikeThe State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.

×