Bravo to the Arizona Diamondbacks and ASU baseball for having current Diamondbacks scout and former Sun Devil Baseball player Cory Hahn throw out the first pitch of spring training Tuesday afternoon. Hahn was paralyzed from the waist down while sliding into second base during the third game of his collegiate career, and was drafted in the 34th round (he wore number 34 at ASU) by the Diamondbacks in 2013.

Boo

Bravo to the Arizona Diamondbacks bringing back its throwback jerseys. The D-backs announced they would wear the Alternate Home Vest Uniform at every Thursday home game in 2015. The announcement caps off a great week for the D-backs, which included the introduction of a “Churro Dog” and an exhibition game played against ASU.

Boo to the death of Leonard Nimoy, the acclaimed Star Trek actor who played Spock. Nimoy, who was 83, died Friday. Live long and prosper.

Bravo to the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board for considering a request to reopen the case on the plane crash that killed Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper in 1959. Maybe now the conspiracy theories about the day the music died will finally be put sleep.

Boo to Harrison Ford being involved in a plane crash Thursday on a California golf course. The actor, famous for his roles in "Indiana Jones" and "Star Wars," reportedly suffered serious injuries. The State Press wishes him a recovery at light speed.

Bravo to Maroon 5 for handling a panic attack by a fan in the best way possible. Christopher Warner, a 10-year-old with Down syndrome, couldn't believe he was meeting his favorite band, prompting him to spontaneously lie down. The band took pictures with him on the floor and melted hearts everywhere with its actions.

Boo to newly announced budget cuts. Instead of cutting $78 million from universities and half of the funding to the three largest community college districts, Gov. Doug Ducey and Republican legislators want to cut $106 million from universities and all funding from those three districts.

Bravo to the arrival of Spring Break. It's been a long and challenging first half of the semester, and we've all made it to a well-deserved week long break.

Boo to Hillary Clinton for going out of her way to use a private email server during her time at the U.S. State Department, raising concerns about privacy and accountability; and to Jeb Bush, for criticizing her for breaking a rule that didn’t go into effect until after she left. He also has email problems of his own.

×