Tempe Police: Sleeping man arrested on suspicion of spice possesion

Tempe Police Headquarters (Photo illustration by Emily Johnson/The State Press)

Tempe Police Headquarters (Photo illustration by Emily Johnson/The State Press) Tempe Police Headquarters (Photo illustration by Emily Johnson/The State Press)

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 25-year-old man was arrested on the 100 block of University Drive on March 11 on suspicion of dangerous drug possession and failing to appear in court, according to a police report.

Officers contacted the man after the clerk of the Circle K located on the 100 block on University Drive called police to remove the man who passed out in front of the store, police reported.

Upon arrival, the officers saw the man sleeping in front of the store in the parking lot and woke him up, according to the report.

Officers found a black plastic baggie containing what officers believed was synthetic marijuana, or spice, in his front pants pocket, according to the report.

Post-Miranda rights, the man said the substance was spice and that he purchased it in Phoenix for $15, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 23 year-old Phoenix man was arrested March 10 on the 1000 block of Don Carlos Avenue on suspicion of burglary, according to a police report.

The man forced his way into an apartment and removed a $600 mountain bike, police reported.

Officers checked the location for fingerprints and found some which were a match to the man, police reported.

The man was transported to the Maricopa County Fourth Avenue Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Joey Hancock.

Reach the reporter at jshanco2@asu.edu or on follow @joey_hancock on Twitter.

×