Sun Devil Snapshot: ASU baseball takes another series with business as usual

ASU baseball went to Salt Lake City and won, and more from ASU athletics

Nicolo Galletti men's golf
Sophomore Nicolo Galletti tees off in the Thunderbird Invitational tournament on Saturday, April 4, 2015 at Karsten Golf Course in Tempe. (Ben Moffat/The State Press)

4 — Number of ASU football players honored with the camouflage Pat Tillman No. 42 jersey Saturday. Redshirt senior quarterback Mike Bercovici, redshirt senior safety Jordan Simone, redshirt senior cornerback Lloyd Carrington and redshirt sophomore safety James Johnson have each been honored.

0 — Number of ASU men's basketball coaching candidates who have met with the University, ASU president Michael Crow said.

2016-17 — ASU hockey's first season as a full NCAA member. Where they play remains to be seen, but ASU president Michael Crow said that ASU will likely play in an off-campus arena.

10-4 — ASU baseball's record in one-run games in 2015 after their 6-5 win over Utah in extra innings to clinch a series win on Saturday.

27 — Consecutive losses for Utah baseball against ASU before they finally snapped the losing streak with a 6-5 win over the Sun Devils on Friday.

1 — National ranking for UCLA tennis player Robin Anderson, who ASU junior Desirae Krawczyk defeated in Friday's 4-3 loss to the Bruins. Krawczyk won 6-4, 3-6, 6-2.

15 — Shots under-par for ASU junior Jon Rahm to claim his second consecutive win at the Thunderbird Invitational. He finished just one shot ahead of teammate Max Rotluff (14-under) to pick up the win.

5 — Number of tournaments won by ASU men's golf this season. 

38.425 — Final score in the all-around for ASU gymnastics junior Taylor Allex at the NCAA Regionals, good enough for 14th.

Reach the assistant sports editor at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×