Tempe Police: Man has sex in backseat of Scion across street from police station

A 25-year-old Scottsdale man was stopped by police for having sex in a car near a police station.

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 25-year-old Scottsdale man was arrested in the parking lot of 60 East 5th Street on April 25 on suspicion of narcotics and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

The man was having sex with a woman in the backseat of a black Scion XB, which was parked across the street from a Tempe Police Station, according to the report.

While the pair was dressing, the officer saw them trying to hide a bag of heroin, police reported.

The officer found keys to a gray Corolla, which was parked next to the Scion, according to the report. A K-9 helped the officer in searching the Corolla and found marijuana paraphernalia, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 63-year-old Phoenix man was arrested at the light rail station on Terrace and Rural roads on April 18 on suspicion of failing to carry sex offender identification and change his address, according to a police report.

Police originally stopped the man for crossing the light rail tracks, according to the report.

The man explained that he didn't have his sex offender registration, because he had to pay someone $20 to get it back, police reported.

He said he had lost his wallet and was waiting to get his new birth certificate in the mail before getting his new sex offender identification, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Ben Margiott.

Reach the reporter at bmargiot@asu.edu or follow @BenMargiott on Twitter.

×