Tempe Police: Man threatens to kill another man with candlestick

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 29-year-old Tempe man was arrested April 11 on the 200 block of West Hermosa drive on suspicion of threatening to intimidate with damaging property and gang affiliation, assault and drug possession, according to the report.

Officers were called to the scene after a man punched and bit one man in the chest, according to the report. The man also attempted to choke someone else and threatened to hit him with a candlestick, police reported.

The man arrested was reportedly a documented gang member and made threatening comments about the gang to the men he was assaulting, according to the report.

Police searched the man and found marijuana and a pipe, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 30-year-old Mesa woman was arrested on April 14 at the 100 block E. 5th street on suspicion of aggravated assault on an detention officer and on a peace officer, according to the report.

Officers approached the woman and she started to kick the officers around her, police reported. 

The officers then placed her in a security blanket, where she continued kicking at the officers for quite some time, according to the report. While in custody, she was not able to be interviewed because she continued kicking at the peace officer, striking him in his abdomen, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Syndey Greene.

Reach the reporter at sgreene6@asu.edu or follow @thesydneygreene on Twitter.

×