ASU women's golf to compete in San Antonio regional

Roberta Liti, Women's Golf, 04-10-2015
Freshman, Roberta Liti tees off on hole four on Friday, April 10, 2015 at Karsten Golf Club in Tempe, AZ.

It was announced on the Golf Channel Monday where the ASU women’s golf team will play its regional round in the NCAA championships and the team will be heading to San Antonio.

It is a tough draw for the Sun Devils, as they will be matched up with some of the very best teams in the nation including No. 3 UCLA and No. 6 Washington.

No. 11 Texas A&M, No. 14 Tennessee, No. 21 Baylor, Oregon, Florida State and Auburn round out the top half of the teams in ASU’s group. ASU is currently ranked No. 19 by Golfstat. 

UCLA and Washington will be the top two seeds in the group with the Sun Devils coming in at the fifth spot. The top six finishers advance past the regional round. 

ASU is coming off of a ninth place finish at the Pac-12 tournament and will look to improve on last year’s top-five finish at the NCAA championships.

Regional action at the Briggs Ranch Golf Club in San Antonio, Texas, will begin for the Sun Devils on May 7.

Reach the reporter at wslane@asu.edu or follow @bill_slane on Twitter.

×