Former ASU wide receiver Jaelen Strong, Houston Texans to appear on HBO's 'Hard Knocks'

The former third-round pick will be among those followed in the popular HBO series

Redshirt junior receiver Jaelen Strong (center) celebrates after catching a touchdown pass against Stanford, Saturday, Oct. 18, 2014 at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe. The Sun Devils beat the Cardinal, 26-10.

Former ASU wide receiver Jaelen Strong and the Houston Texans will be featured on this season's edition of the HBO show "Hard Knocks," according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.

third-round pick to the Texans

Alongside Strong, there are several other storylines surrounding this Houston team. Former No. 1 overall pick Jadeveon Clowney will try to make an impact in his first full season after getting hurt during his rookie campaign in 2014.

Running back Arian Foster is looking to remain one of the top running backs in the league after a bounce back season in 2014.

In addition, the Texans have one of the most popular players in the NFL in defensive end J.J. Watt. 

Jaelen Strong is no stranger to documentary-style films on the football field, as his first year at ASU also featured the Sun Devils on the first rendition of the Pac-12 Networks' "The Drive." Strong also took part in a pre-draft documentary which outlined the draft process.

Strong had 157 catches for 2,287 yards and 17 touchdowns in two seasons for the Sun Devils after transferring from Pierce College in Los Angeles. 

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×