Former ASU men's basketball players Shaquielle McKissic, Bo Barnes go undrafted in NBA Draft

McKissic, Barnes had worked out with Kings, Suns in pre-draft process

Shaquielle McKissic- basketball

Senior forward Shaquielle McKissic steals the ball and brings it back down to the Sun Devil rim against Cal on Saturday, March 7, 2015, at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe. The Sun Devils defeated the Golden Bears 74-70. 

Former ASU men's basketball players Shaquielle McKissic and Bo Barnes went undrafted in the 2015 NBA Draft Thursday.

McKissic, a 6-foot-5, 200-pound forward out of Seattle, Wash., averaged a team-high 12.4 points per game along with 4.7 rebounds per game during his senior season. He worked out during the pre-draft process with the Sacramento Kings.

Barnes, a 6-foot-4, 190-pound guard from Scottsdale, averaged 6.9 points per game while shooting 42.7 percent from the floor and 37.4 percent on 3-pointers. Barnes was a late addition to the Phoenix Suns' list of pre-draft workout players in June.

ASU went 18-16 (9-9 Pac-12) during the 2014-15 season and were eliminated in the second round of the NIT by Richmond. Then-head coach Herb Sendek was fired after nine seasons, and the University has since hired former Duke point guard and Buffalo coach Bobby Hurley as its new head coach.

McKissic and Barnes are the lone Sun Devils to make themselves eligible for Thursday's draft, as the two were the only seniors on the roster.

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @fardaya15.

×