Tempe Police: Man punches bus post-fight

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

A 26-year-old Tempe man was arrested May 31 at the intersection of South Hardy Drive and West Warner Road on suspicion of criminal damage, according to a police report.

After a Valley Metro bus driver told the man to get off the bus for allegations of fighting, the man punched the vehicle’s front window, police reported.

Following the incident, police contacted the man just north of the bus stop and saw that he had visible cuts on his right hand, according to the report.

During questioning, the man admitted to punching the bus window after he was asked to get off the bus, police reported.

The damage to the window was worth approximately $6,000, according to the report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 36-year-old Maricopa woman was arrested June 5 on the 1800 block of East Rio Salado Parkway on suspicion of shoplifting, drug paraphernalia possession and an existing warrant, according to a police report.

The woman had fraudulently returned an otter box case to Target and received a $34 gift card, police reported.

She then proceeded to fill her tote bag with merchandise, purchase a Mountain Dew soda and leave the store without paying for the items in her bag, according to the report.

A store employee recognized the woman as someone who had previously attempted to return the otter box case with a Verizon Wireless tag and contacted officials, police reported.

Following a brief struggle, police arrested the woman and discovered several hypodermic needles and other drug paraphernalia in her purse, according to the report.

The woman admitted to concealing the store items and using the needles to inject heroin during an interview, police reported.

Under further investigation, police also discovered that the woman had a valid Maricopa warrant, according to the report.

Reach the reporter at aplante@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @aimeenplante

×