Tempe Police: Man threatens security guard over dropped pizza

Tempe Police reported the following incident Thursday:

A 25-year-old Mesa man was arrested June 2 on the 410 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of drug possession, fighting and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to a police report.

An intoxicated man approached a security guard at Four One Four: Pub and Pizza on Mill Avenue and accused the guard of pushing him, knocking a pizza out of his hands down the street earlier in the night, police reported.

When the guard said that he had not been involved, the man became more aggressive and started holding onto his front right pocket, which appeared to have something in it, according to the report.

The guard positively identified the object as a knife without immediately seeing it at the time, police reported.

The man told the guard, “I have seven bullets for you,” which the guard assumed was a threat despite being unsure of whether the man actually had a firearm, according to the report.

The man began yelling derogatory terms at the guard, calling him names such as “pussy,” police reported.

Police reached the man waiting inside his own car, and the man consented to an interview about the incident, according to the report.

The man denied threatening with a knife, though two knives were visible from his car window along with a pipe that appeared to contain a black residue inside, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and held to see a judge, according to the report. 

Reach the reporter at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×