Tempe Police: Man breaks into house, attacks babysitter

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 28-year-old Mesa man was arrested May 29 on the 1900 block of East Auburn Drive on suspicion of assault and criminal trespass, according to a police report.

The man unlawfully entered a residence on the block, walking past a slightly opened door and through the living room area, police reported. He was met by the homeowner in the center of the house, according to the report.

The homeowner was babysitting the man’s child with permission of the child’s mother, police reported. When the woman told the man to get out of the home he refused to leave, remaining in the residence, police reported.

The babysitter then placed herself between the man and his child because she was told not to give the child to anyone but child’s mother, according to the report.

After the babysitter attempted to protect the child, the man put his hand on her chest and tried to push her away, according to the report.

She tried to push him off over her but he threw her down to the floor where she hit the back of her head, police reported.

The woman and the child fell to the floor and the man fell on top of the homeowner where he began to elbow and hit the her as she attempted to push him off, police reported.

During the struggle, the woman’s son saw the man attacking her and jumped on top of him to get him off his mother, according to the report.

The man elbowed the woman son on his side, police reported.

The woman had not met the man before this incident, but had a surveillance video inside her home where the entire altercation was captured, according to the report.

The man was arrested a few hours later at his residence where he was detained, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

×