Get to know 'The Vision,' ASU football's Mike Bercovici

This is the first in a series of video releases by Sun Devil Athletics

Mike Bercovici "The Vision:

ASU football redshirt senior quarterback Mike Bercovici leads off the athletic department's "Countdown to Kickoff" video series with "The Vision." (Photo Courtesy of @TheSunDevils).

Much of ASU football's 2015 fate rests in the hands of a man who has started just three games.

Yet, there is little doubt among most players and fans that redshirt senior quarterback Mike Bercovici is the man to do it.

Sun Devil Athletics began their pre-season "Countdown to Kickoff" video series by spotlighting Bercovici in a video titled "The Vision," where the quarterback talks about his experience at the University and his leadership role entering the season.

Bercovici set an NCAA record by throwing for 998 yards in his first two career starts against UCLA and USC, leading the Sun Devils to a 2-1 record as a starter.

His most memorable moment came against the Trojans, where his last-second heave to Jaelen Strong (since dubbed the "Jael Mary") lead the Sun Devils to a 38-34 victory that likely saved the Sun Devils' season.

Bercovici is also one of the last players on ASU's roster that were recruited to the school by former head coach Dennis Erickson and was coached by former offensive coordinator Noel Mazzone.

Sun Devil Athletics has already teased their second video, "The Fit," with senior wide receiver D.J. Foster.

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×