Tempe Police: Man claims needle “fell into” his butt crack

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 25-year-old Chandler man was arrested July 7 on the 2100 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of an outstanding warrant and drug and paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Circle K employees contacted police when they saw the man sitting outside the store while it was closed for cleaning, police reported.

During a routine search, an officer discovered two lighters, a needle cap and an opened bag of cough drops in the front pocket of the man’s backpack that contained marijuana, according to the report.

The man later said he only had a needle cap concealed in his “butt crack” because it had fallen there inside of his pants, but admitted to no other potential paraphernalia, police reported.

A strip search revealed that the man did have a needle in between his butt cheeks and, upon a backseat check of the police car, the officer discovered two uncapped needles hidden behind the passenger seat, according to the report.

The police officer said he remembered the man bouncing from the passenger side of the backseat to the driver side to supposedly “adjust himself,” police reported.

The man denied ownership of the needles, but later admitted he was addicted to meth, which is why he had needles on his person, and said he had forgotten about the marijuana in his backpack, police reported.

Police also discovered that the man already had an outstanding Tempe warrant, according to the report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released on pending drug charges, police reported.

A 35-year-old Mesa man was arrested July 10 at the intersection of West Fifth Street and South Maple Avenue on suspicion of dangerous drug and paraphernalia possession and use, according to a police report.

Police first contacted the man for a bicycle violation, after which the man consented to a routine search, police reported.

During the search, officers located a class pipe with meth residue in the man’s front left short pocket, which the man said he had found on the street, according to the report.

The man said he had planned to use the pipe to smoke meth, police reported.

Police asked whether the man had meth on his person and the man said he had some in his shirt pocket, despite not having a shirt pocket, according to the report.

Upon entering the police station, officers executed a search of the man’s backpack and located a broken meth pipe and a usable quantity of meth, police reported.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail and released on pending charges, according to the report.

×