Sun Devil Hockey adds graduate transfer from Notre Dame Garrett Peterson

ASU added another weapon to the arsenal on Wednesday.

Hockey Recruiting

Sun Devil hockey announced via Twitter on Wednesday that they have added Garrett Peterson, a graduate transfer from Notre Dame. Peterson, who is eligible immediately, has one year of eligibility left for ASU.

He saw limited ice time at Notre Dame, playing in just 41 total games over the span of four years, the most being 20 games in his freshman campaign. 

The 5-foot-11, 196-pound forward tallied two goals and two assists as a freshman and another goal in his junior year, where he played in 18 games — one of his three career goals was a game-winning one. 

Peterson is the program's latest transfer since Wade Murphy, a former Nashville Predators seventh-round pick in the 2013 NHL draft. Unlike Murphy, who likely has to sit the 2015-2016 season due to NCAA transfer rules, Peterson will be able to be in impact player right away. 

ASU now has transfers from Notre Dame, North Dakota, Michigan State, UMass-Lowell, Northeastern and American International. 

Sun Devil hockey will drop the puck on Oct. 3 against Arizona at Gila River Arena. 

Reach the reporter at Justin.Toscano@asu.edu or on Twitter @justintoscano3

Like State Press Sports on Facebook or follow @statepresssport on Twitter

×