Five fall fashion trends that will sweep every Phoenician fashionista’s closet this season

FASH BOOTS 1 FT
These sable over-the-knee boots represent "edgy femininity" - soft but hard, too. Sam Edelman sable over-the-knee high-heel boots, $249.95, from Nordstrom; Rebecca Taylor cream leopard-print long cardigan, $325, from Neiman Marcus; Sine black silk sleeveless romper, $128, from Anthropologie; cream pearl oversize cocktail ring, $38, from Anthropologie; clear multistrand crystal necklace, $48, from Anthropologie. (Ross Hailey/Fort Worth Star-Telegram/MCT)

With the summer season fizzling out slower than most of us would like, it is time once again to welcome leggings and over sized sweaters back into our lives. However, before you pull out the lulu's and Uggs, try these five new and exciting trends to look fashion show ready for the Phoenix fall season.  

1. White: Coats, suits and dresses

You heard right. Women no longer need to hurry and pack away all white clothing after Labor Day. This season’s top designers, including Chanel (as seen below at the 2015/16 Fall-Winter Haute Couture show), Dior and Valentino, shocked the fashion community by throwing this ageless seasonal tradition to the wind. 

For the Phoenix area’s overheated autumn weather, pair your favorite white summer dresses and skirts with a warmer printed cardigan for the perfect adaption to this season’s high fashion trend.  

2. Cocktail Boots

The perfect mix between glam and rock, these low cut, block heeled boots are “a solid step in the right direction,” according to Vogue’s Grace Coddington. 

An excuse for the ladies of Phoenix to hold onto our most ravishing summer looks through the warm fall months with a twist of something dark? We’ll take it. For an extra glam-rock look, add the ever so popular fall lipstick shade: deep purple.

3. Floral Vintage

Another tradition breaking fashion this season, as seen below at Dior Couture’s Autumn-Winter 2015-16 show, are fall florals. 

Dior is calling this its “Garden of Earthy Delights." Phoenix girls are calling this the “we can finally feel like beautiful flower children and drink pumpkin spice lattes at the same time” look. Try swapping out the bright colored summer florals of your closet for this new pastel floral trend.

4. 1990s Inspiration

Designers like Prada, pictured below for Madonna’s Rebel Heart Tour, are taking on this season’s glam rock look in full force.

Fall fashion inspiration will be shifting from modern influences like Kendall Jenner and take on the looks of the '90s, leaving the scrunchy side ponytails in the dust. To emulate this trend for the season, channel your inner Jodie Foster circa 1992, and slip into the more masculine side of fall.

5. Geometric Patterns

This sharped-lined, bold-colored trend slips into the mix every few years, and with Versace (pictured below) leading this “Optical Vision Fashion” as Valentino phrased it, the style has strong support for the 2015 fall season. 

Embrace this confident fall trend by incorporating sharp silhouettes and defined contrasting colors to your every day wear-to-work styles.

Throwbacks & Comebacks: 90's fashion trends that made a comeback

Springing into Fashion

Reach the reporter at fayelizabethschneider@gmail.com or on Twitter @bebefay4

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×