Tempe Police: Man challenges bar security to fight

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:

A Youngtown man was arrested Sept. 27 in the 600 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of disorderly conduct, criminal trespassing, obstruction of justice and possession of narcotic drugs, according to a police report.

Officers were first called to the scene at El Hefe Mexican Restaurant in Tempe when the man challenged security to a fight, police said.

Officers said they tried to place the man under arrest several times and each time he would run away from their advances.

The man was eventually searched, and police found a powdery white substance in his pocket, according to the report. 

The man was transported and booked to the Tempe City Jail, according to the police report.

Three men were arrested on Sept. 27 on the 600 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of disorderly conduct and obstruction of a public sidewalk, according to a police report.

Officers were first called to the scene after the men began throwing punches, police said.

The altercation began blocking the flow of traffic in both directions on Sixth Street in Tempe, according to the report.

Police arrested the men and transported and booked them into Tempe City Jail, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Jessica Suerth.

Tempe Police: Man threatens to 'draw first blood' after neighbors call police on him

Tempe Police: Man with box cutter threatens Mill Avenue bar

Reach the reporter at Jlsuerth@asu.edu or follow @SuerthJessica on Twitter.

×