From social media threats to 'stealing' signals, here are the week's top stories

What a busy news week it was.

Head coach Todd Graham looks at the scoreboard during a game against Utah on Saturday, Oct. 17, 2015, at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City, Utah.

What a busy news week it was. Surely you can guess which story was read the most this week, but so much more happened that is worth reading about. Browse through the week's top stories and read a few articles we think you'll love.

ASU Police: ASU social media threat traced to Canadian juvenile

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

ASU Police was made aware of a social media threat Monday and deemed the threat not credible. Through collaboration with local and federal officials, the threat was traced to a 12-year-old Canadian boy. Reporter Kelcie Grega reported the updated and explained what the next step was for ASU Police.

Read more: ASU Police investigating social media threat

Unknown artist sues Taylor Swift for $42 million, takes advantage of U.S. copyright laws

Photo by Luis Sinco | Los Angeles Times/TNS

An artist named Jesse Graham is suing pop star Taylor Swift for $42 million. Graham claims that Swift's song "Shake it Off" has similar lyrics to his song "Haters Gonna Hate." Columnist Cody Fitzpatrick argues that Graham is abusing intellectual property laws.

Read more: Drawing the line between copyright and free knowledge

Todd Graham, ASU football stealing signs is unacceptable

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

ASU football head coach Todd Graham admitted to stealing signs from opponents Tuesday. This practice is used by most collegiate and professional football teams. Columnist Justin Janssen argues that although that may be true, "stealing signs" is an ethical issue.

Counterpoint: Debate over stealing signs has reached point of ridiculousness

University fails students by not communicating about possible threats

Photo by Ben Moffat | The State Press

Students on the Tempe campus were nervous Monday after a threat on imageboard website 4chan said ASU was a target for a potential shooting. The State Press Editorial Board was not pleased with how ASU Police kept students, faculty and the surrounding community informed.

Read more: ASU Police Chief gives details of social media threat at Tempe USG meeting

Articles we think you'll love:

The case for dressing up to go to class

Photo by Ashley Lowery | Courtesy photo

What do you wear to class? Do you throw on a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt? Columnist Alexis Berdine explains why you should consider dressing in hopes of impressing your professor.

ASU wrestling poised for success with young incoming talent

Photo by Jacob Stanek | The State Press

ASU wrestling's season starts Saturday. Last year's team was arguably mediocre, averaging a record of 6-5 at meets and tournaments. Reporter Omar Soussi tells wrestling fans why they should be optimistic about this season for the Devils.

Taco Shack opens on University, bringing 'Arizona-style' Mexican food to Tempe

Photo by Alex Singh | The State Press

A new Mexican food restaurant has opened up on University Drive. Reporter Skylar Mason reports how the restaurant plans on setting itself apart from the competition.

Tempe City Council to revisit medical marijuana dispensary regulations

Photo by Shawn Raymundo | The State Press

Harvest of Tempe, Tempe's first medical marijuana dispensary is campaigning for fewer dispensary regulations mandated by the City. Reporter Joshua Bowling grinds down the details of the dispensary's campaign.

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow @AndrewNiclaASU on Twitter

×