Tempe USG amends elections rules during final fall semester meeting

College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Senator and Government Operations Chair Kanin Pruter gives updates about election code at the Tempe Undergraduate Student Government on Tuesday, Dec. 1, 2015, on the Tempe campus.

Members of the Tempe Undergraduate Student Government Senate wrapped up the semester with several changes to the 2015-2016 Elections Code during its Tuesday meeting.

Senate Bill 40, which was approved, requires all students running in the USG election in the spring to be in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.

College of Liberal Arts and Sciences Senator and Government Operations Chair Kanin Pruter said the recommendations would be passed on to an adjunct committee, who would then formally approve and make changes to the Election Code. 

During Tuesday's meeting, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences student Jacob Lille was appointed to Senator and said he was looking forward to being in the position.

"I just wanted to tell you all how humbled I am to be in this position," Lille said. "I know I have some big shoes to fill, but I will work my hardest to do what I can in this position."

Reach the reporter at Jlsuerth@asu.edu or on Twitter at @SuerthJessica.

×